Thursday 23 December 2010

Day Twenty One

We all woke up bright and early today and spent the day in a little town near the beach. The family were doing a street collection and I was there for moral support! I walked around quite a bit - and it was so nice to be free and independent for a little bit! And I got a few bargains which made it even better!
By the end of the day, I was shattered. But we still had to get home and have dinner, clean up etc etc. It's times like these that make me realise that I am not ready nor will I ever be to be as selfless as I see most wives and mothers being.
I love the Proverbs 31 woman. We have a on going joke in the house about P31 women (too long to explain). But my room mate loves serving and will always go the extra mile for others even when she's tired and so I always call her a P31. The Lord has shown me ways in which I can be more and more like the virtuous woman He wants to make into. He's revealed habits which I can begin now that will eventually become my character. I pray that He would continue to show me other habits which I can start now on this road to becoming who He wants me to be. I need to be less selfish not just to serve others outwardly but actually really and truly in my heart; in the deepest part where no one else sees but God, I want to be selfless.

No comments:

Post a Comment