Saturday 11 December 2010

Day Six

“As iron sharpens iron so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.” I am being sharpened by all the people around me. And if you can imagine iron sharpening iron it makes a grating sound and it hurts. The two pieces are grating against each other, they’re chipping away at each other, removing all the rough bits. And it hurts but it produces a sharpness that could not come any other way.
Home cell was amazing tonight. Again the theme of restoration and rebuilding came up. And Lord thank You for showing me that in order for a real and lasting work to take place in my heart, I need to be real with the family I’m staying with. I need to just be myself and take down those protective walls I so easily put up when I’m in a vulnerable situation. Thank You for the sister who prayed over me and her heart of encouragement for me. I was truly blessed.
And the amazing dinner we had and all the people who came over was such a wonderful end to a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment