Monday 6 December 2010

Day Three

Ahhhh allergies! I think I slept for a total of 3 hours last night. I couldn't breathe very well and that made me panic and made it even worse. I prayed but still felt really tight. Then I asked my roomie to pray with me and I felt so much better. Well, then we were up early because the church was holding a "marche en pousse" (flea market) in the area and we were going to help. I ended up doing face painting for the kids and I really enjoyed that. It was a long day especially considering my lack of sleep the night before. But we had a lovely day and I had some authetic Mauritian food - Ferratta which is a kind of savoury pancake with a curry filling... SO good! And I got some good deals too. All in all the church made about Rs50,000 which is excellent considering it was all second hand stuff. Praise be to God!

We had a lovely fish curry that evening and started to watch a movie but I was too tired to watch all of it.

Today I learnt to serve not even when it hurts but especially when it hurts and to do it in the Spirit with a smile :) Very character building, I'll say.

Bonne nuit!

1 comment:

  1. mauritian curried fish is so tempting.. perfect with idli..
    new to ur blog,very nice space n happy to follow u.

    ReplyDelete