Monday 20 December 2010

Day Sixteen

Today was a pretty relaxed day. I was exhausted after yesterday so I got to sleep in this morning. And then I had an oh-so-sweet time with the Lord! I've been reading through 1 Samuel and today I was on chapter 8 how the Israelites asked ("Sauled") for a king just to be like the other nations even though they were set apart. But God gave them what they asked for because they insisted even after He had given them a glimpse of what a king would do to them. They "sauled" for a king and they got "Saul." And it made me think how in my own life I often ask the Lord for things or opportunities like so and so. I may not say it put loud but in my heart it's because somewhere I want to be like that person. But God has made me unique, He's gifted me uniquely and He has a unique purpose and plan for my plan. He has set me apart. So my prayer is that I would learn to see in the Spirit those things I should "saul" for and not just "saul" for my flesh because then I will end up with a "Saul" and Saul was not a good king and the Lord rejected him in the end.

Then after that refreshing time in the Word, I helped around the house a bit, had lunch, curled the lady of the home's hair (she'd never curled it before) for a wedding she was going to and then I rested. In the evening I was babysitting les enfants. We got KFC and watched "UP." What a great movie!

Thank You Jesus for another wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment