Monday 6 December 2010

Day Two

So I woke up today really refreshed and ready for the day! There's a lovely breakfast table outside the kitchen under a litchi tree and those of you who know me will know I love having breakfast outside. We had  fresh baguettes with an array of spreads and fruits - so good!

I spent the morning relaxing and reading. I had a wonderful time in the Word and the Lord really spoke something to my heart. All the stuff I'm experiencing now; all the emotions and heartache caused by seemingly small things is suffering I must endure to produce character in me. If I have a problem with someone or something and I immediately go to them and tell them my problem, there's a lack of maturity there. I need to go to the Lord first and hide myself in Him and ask Him to show me His perspective on the situation. And when I do that He will give me a heart for that person, He will help me to see them as He sees them and sooner or later what seemed like such a big issue earlier will become trivial. We get upset or annoyed with people because we don't carry God's heart for them, but when we ask God to give us that heart, He does something powerful in our hearts. And that's not to say we should never address any issues, but rather wait on the Lord about it before we address people.

At our ladies meeting 2 weeks ago a sister had shared on this and I was really touched and repentant of all the times I had put my hand in someone else's life without a good heart towards them. But at the time I didn't realise that the Lord was preparing me for this time when I would have to deal with many situations where I want to say something and the Spirit just stops me and reminds me to go to the throne of grace FIRST. I'm learning and I definitely haven't "arrived" nor will I ever but I love the growth that takes place in my life.

In the afternoon we went for ice cream with 2 children we were babysitting and some other young ladies in the church. It was such a sweet time of fellowship. Then we went home and I made banoffee pie with the children! Then we climbed onto the roof (the view was amazing - perfect for star gazing!) and got some litchies. And by the time bed rolled round I was shattered!

Merci mon Dieu pour un autre jour!

No comments:

Post a Comment