Monday 13 December 2010

Day Ten

Wow, I cannot believe I've been here for ten days already! Well, today I spent the whole day at home! It was wonderful though! My body feels really tired - granted because it's been a crazy, hectic, non-stop year for me and I think it's all catching up with me :)

During my quiet time this morning, I felt the Lord really comforting my heart. I'm seeing the true state of my heart and I'm also seeing where I want to be and I'm still very far. But the Lord brought great comfort to my heart, that in His timing He will "perfect that which concerns me." (Psalm 138:8). He's always been faithful to do what He promises and I know He will continue to be. I'm running the race of santification not just the race of serving the Lord. I'm done running that parallel race that seems good but is lacking power. I want more of the Spirit's work in my life. I want more of Him and less of me. I've been running the "good works" race for too long and I'm tired. But now I'm running the race of santification where I run and don't faint because my strength is being continually renewed.

And I had a splendid skype date with Betty! I love that girl so much.

God thank You for comforting my heart and stilling my heart to just wait patiently for You to work in Your timing. Your timing is perfect in everything and I fully trust it but help me to trust You more.

No comments:

Post a Comment