Monday 20 December 2010

Day Fifteen

This morning I went for the mid week meeting with my wonderful roomie. She had also invited someone for the first time so that was nice. The message was just what I needed to hear and again it confirmed many things in my heart.

The passage Luke 10:38-42. And I felt the Lord saying to me,"Always be at MY feet before you get on YOUR feet, Buhe." I'm always so quick to what to "go" and "do" for the Lord but the greatest treasure there is for me is what He wants to do IN me. It's not about what I can do for Him but what He will do IN me. In Peter we see the written will of God for our lives: our sanctification - the work He wants to do in us to make us more like Jesus. Also that my strength is not in doing this and that for the Lord but it's simply in sitting at His feet and being with Him. If my strength was only found in what I could do then when all those works were taken away I would be finished but my strength is in Jesus who will never leave me or forsake me. And praise the Lord for that!

Then we went out for lunch after the meeting with one of the Zim pastors. Then we went to see the volcano and that was fun! Then we went to visit a kids club funded by the EU for under privileged children. It reminded me so much of the one I used to work at in the UK but obviously the children are different and they all spoke Creole! But it's funny how kids will understand you even if they don't understand what language you're speaking in!

And after a loooong day, we went home to a lovely meal with the lovely family! Praise the Lord for a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment