Thursday 11 August 2011

Day Twenty Six


I cannot even tell you how refreshing it is not to be celebrating Christmas this year. I’ve always enjoyed celebrating Christmas and actually it’s always been my favourite time of the year. But this year the Lord really challenged me in regards to what I really enjoy about Christmas. Somewhere there has to be a separation between Christians and the rest of the world and in many ways my heart had begun to be taken by the things the world has to offer around this time of year. But I love the way my family always celebrates Christmas and I missed that. But I’m so thankful for the opportunity not to celebrate Christmas this year because it’s shown me the other side to the coin.
We had a wonderful day today. We drove up to the house by the beach again and had lunch there. There were loads of us so the atmosphere definitely reminded me of the family gatherings we always had. Then we spent the afternoon at the beach and that was awesome! There weren’t many people at the beach we were at but I did take a long walk to the other side where all the tourists and hotels were. It was beautiful but I definitely the quiet beach where we were! After a fun filled day at the beach, we went back to the house and had the best time in the pool, playing games and preparing the food for the barbeque.
I was rebuked about not doing the salad quickly enough. And immediately something rose up in me in my defence. But all through dinner my heart was just not right towards the person who had rebuked me. I was carry it in my heart and I felt sick. The Lord showed me that I needed to repent but I really didn’t want to. I felt that I was right in doing it slowly and carefully but the Lord showed me I needed to die to myself and repent. So after dinner it happened that I was alone with the person and I just had to bring my heart before them and repent. And I felt so free. I was free with that person again and we could talk freely without me having ill feelings towards them. What a beautiful thing when the Lord prompts us to repent before one another. It’s hard but I’m learning that that’s the essence of the gospel.
Thank You Lord Jesus for a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment