Thursday 11 August 2011

Day Thirty


Day three of the conference was amazing! The theme continued from yesterday’s “What am I living for?” The truth is that my generation of young people probably won’t even reach retirement age. Jesus is coming back soon and judging by the signs of the times we are in, it’s not much longer until He comes back for His church. All this to say, that this should somehow change what we are living for. Why should I be trying to build an empire for my grandchildren to enjoy when I won’t have any grandchildren? Why am I saving up for retirement when I won’t even get to that age? It was quite an eye opener to me. The world says we should be building our careers and getting further and further up the ladder but is that worth it knowing that time is so short? Is it worth investing time and energy into building up a substantial financial base knowing that you probably will never enjoy most of what you work for? I don’t know. But this I do know. It’s clear for me which road I’m walking and which race I’m running. Because I live in this world, it’s easy to get caught up in the world’s system and not even realise how worldly I am. A lot of my reason is often very worldly and I’m still crying out to the Lord to renew my mind because the carnal mind is enmity against God.
And even though it’s clear to me and the line has been drawn I was still a bit shaken when this question was posed. “Do you have visions of being great?” Surely there’s nothing wrong with desiring greatness if it’s for the Lord? Ayo! My heart was once again confronted. In that moment I asked the Lord to change my heart. With all my heart I just want to serve the Lord. He is my priority and His projects (not mine) are my priority. Yes I know I have weakness, I know I fail time and time again but still my heart’s desire remains: to serve the Lord all the days of my life. And that’s very clear for me.
So for those of us who have this clarity, we were prayed for. It was a wonderful time and as I stood there with arms high and heart abandoned God confirmed His call on my life. Not a call to greatness and not a call to just be busy with His work but a call to be set apart for Him. I want the Lord to trust me with the things of His kingdom. I want to be able to say & do whatever He asks of me without a shadow of doubt in my heart. I want God to trust me.
Lord thank You for Your sweet confirmation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment