Thursday 11 August 2011

Day Twenty Eight


So today was the first day of the convention. I didn’t feel myself at all. We were all placed in teams and I happened to be in a team filled with teeny boppers. At first I was bleak and I thought it would ruin my whole convention. During worship I cried out to the Lord to help me and He gently spoke something to me. I can make the choice to let it ruin it for me or I can make the choice to be a blessing and make the most of it. I chose the latter and it changed my whole perspective on the team and on what God wanted to do. My love for each one began to grow. Through lunch, group activities, sports etc we became more and more united. And it was just the first day!
Today we cried out to the Lord for purity in all areas of our lives. I remember being on my knees and just crying out to the Lord for purity in every area of my life but more specifically in my thoughts towards others. I want to carry a pure heart but so often my thoughts are not pure towards others and that makes my heart not pure as well. I repented before the Lord and I felt such a freedom. Lord please strengthen me in this area because I cannot do it in my own strength; it has to be by Your Spirit alone if it’s to last.

No comments:

Post a Comment