Friday 17 December 2010

Day Thirteen

So today was absolutely splendid! In the morning my roomie and I went for a run. Most of it was uphill so that was an "uphill struggle." Hahaha. But it felt good all the same :)
Then when I got back I had sometime to share my heart with the lady of the house. I was sharing with her about my past and how that still sometimes comes back to hanut me and stops me from growing in the Lord because I'm still holding on to all the bad things I did. She really encouraged me to forget the past because God's forgotten so why should I still hang on to it. When Jesus died on the cross He said, "It is finished." He finished everything on the cross. And now by His grace I no longer live in condemnation of the past but I can live in confidence and faith that I am saved and my sins are no more. I didn't actually realise how much this was a trap for me until last night at the prayer meeting. I realised that I often disqualify myself from serving the Lord because of what I've done but really it shouldn't be that way. The Lord has saved, redeemed and delivered me so I no longer have to live in bondage of sin but I can have the victory! She also encouraged me to be violent about fighting against the thoughts when they come to my mind. To take every thought captive into obedience with Christ! She also spoke into my life and encouraged with how she could see where the Lord has called me and why. It was really encouraging and challenging and it confirmed a lot of what I had been seeking the Lord for. So I was just finished at the end of our conversation. She prayed with me and I literally felt the burden of my past lifted off me. I had taken it to the foot of the cross and left there this time - never to pick it up again. What a freedom!

The Lord had given me a verse on the way to prayer meeting last night and I didn't know why but today I fully understand. The verse was Psalm 103:10

"He has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor punished us according to our iniquities."

And if you read on Psalm 103:11-12

"For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is His mercy toward those who fear Him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us."

And as if this wasn't enough confirmation, tonight at home cell the Lord spoke clearly again! One of the elders was sharing his heart with us. He shared about a time in his life where he would constantly think that the elders were out to get him because every sermon they preached would sound as if it was directed to him. But then he realised that God was directing it to him because it was everything he NEEDED to hear. And God is more than able to meet every one of our needs because He knows us through and through (Psalm139). So He always knows what we need, when we need it, how we need it and how much of it we need! So I was so blessed by what he shared. Afterwards he asked if anyone needed prayer and after much resisting I finally stood up and he prayed for me. He really prayed for me. He prayed things that no one could have known about me. He prayed exactly what I'd shared this morning. He prayed for God's call on my life and confirmed everything I had been seeking the Lord for that day. I tell you I was finished before the Lord. I wept. And what a sweet release I felt! The Lord is so faithful! He knew exactly what I needed, how I needed it, when I needed it etc etc. All glory belongs to Him!

Oh and I also had a fantastic time babysitting the cutest little boy and girl. The same boy as last time plus his little sister. We played, we laughed, we cooked, we sang French songs (yay!) and we played with their puppies. They have seven of the cutest puppies ever. I could have cuddled them all day long!
All in all a pretty good day! Praise Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment