Saturday 11 December 2010

Day Five

Today, the girl in the family had to go to Port Louis for her driving test so me and another girl went with her. While she had her test, we shopped around. I got some good deals which I was very happy about! The driving test was passed and everyone was very happy! We went back home and relaxed for the rest of the afternoon. And then in the evening, I went to the prayer meeting in Curepipe and it was amazing. Again the Lord spoke to me about how He was restoring me and someone fully prayed about the restoring work of the Lord in our lives! What sweet confirmation.
By the time we got home I was starving! And of course dinner was absolutely amazing! I think someone’s going to have to roll me back to Zimbabwe at this rate! Ha.
My challenge today was “set your mind on things above, not on things on earth.” And I pray that may be my challenge everyday forever. Because we live in the world sometimes we don’t realise how set our minds are on the things of this world. Especially concerning things like money, holidays, cars, houses, clothes, education etc. I need to guard my heart against being attached to the things of this world.  On my own I cannot do this, but the Spirit who lives in me enables me and strengthens me. Lord please keep my heart open to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment